Task: Using your research and with help from the instructions below and your teachers create a post detailing what you found out about your topic.
- Login to the backend of this website. Keep this page open in another web browser tab to use as a reference. Type www.summeritcamp.com/wp-admin into the address bar in order to login.
- Look to the left sidebar of the content management system and you’ll see ‘post’ – hover over it until you see a dropdown menu. Click on ‘add new.’
- Give your post a title in this format: Group # | Topic Name
- Start writing about your topic.
- Be mindful of UX – how is it looking on the website? You can click ‘preview’ (at the top of the right sidebar) to see how visitors to your page will see it.
- Be sure to credit and link your sources. To easily link text in wordpress without HTML simply highlight the text, then click the icon that looks like a chain, and insert the correct url.
- Add images to your post to give the user a better experience. Be sure to credit your image sources by linking to where you found it. For instance: Image from wpbeginner
- To add an image that you found on the internet to your post: 1. Place the cursor where you want the image to be. 2. Click the ‘add media’ button. 3. Look to the left and find ‘insert from url’ and click. Paste the image url.
- To embed a video you found on youtube or vimeo: 1. Underneath the video click ‘share’ then click ’embed’ 2. Copy the code you’re given 3. On your post, at the top of the content area click ‘text’ 4. Paste the code you coped where you want it to appear. 5. Return to the non-html view by clicking ‘visual.’
- Be sure to save your work!