WHAT IS CYBERBULLYING?
The use of electronic communication to bully a person typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threating nature.
Reasons of cyberbullying.
- -ARE MOTIVATED BY REVENGE: Victims of bullying sometimes want to retaliate for the pain they have experienced.
- -BELIEVE THE VICTIM DERSERVES IT: Bullying often resolves around a person’s social’s life.
- -WANT TO ELIVIATE BOREDOM: Kids who are bored and looking for entertainment will resort to cyberbullying and drama to other lives.
- -GIVE IN TO PEER PRESSURE :Sometimes kids will cyberbullying to fit in with a group or friends or a clique.
- – ARE HUNGRY FOR POWER: Cyberbullying can be a manifestation of social status. Kids who are popular often make fun of kids who are less popular. They use the Internet to perpetuate relational aggression and mean girl behavior.
- – BELIEVE THEY WONT GET CAUGHT: The anonymity of the Internet gives kids a false sense of security. They believe if they post things anonymously that they won’t get caught. What’s more, kids who cyberbully do not necessarily see the reaction of the victim, which makes it extremely easy to say and do things they would not otherwise do.
- ARE LACKIN EMPATHY:Most kids who cyberbully believe it isn’t a big deal. Because they do not see the pain that they cause, they feel little to no remorse for their actions. In fact, several studies have found that a large number of students who engaged in online bullying reported not feeling anything for the victims after bullying online. Instead, many kids reported that online bullying made them feel funny, popular and powerful.